As a Christian, and as an American, it seems almost surreal to even ask this question, but I think it does need to be asked, and seriously considered. Within the past week two Coptic Christians were murdered by a muslim. They were beheaded and had their hands cut off as well. As horrendous as this sounds, we have become somewhat desensitized to reports such as these coming out of Egypt and various muslim controlled areas of the Middle East. The problem, however, is that this report comes out New Jersey.
As might be expected, the dominant liberal media outlets have been conspicuously quiet about this crime, especially since the perpetrator is a practicing muslim and the victims were Christians. The last thing MSNBC, CNN, and the others want is to be perceived as “islamophobic.” And in all honesty, there has been nothing noted anywhere that these murders were religion motivated. Well, nothing other than the koran, which states, “[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, ‘I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.’” (koran 8:12).
So, I ask the question again, is America safe for Christians?
In spite of the continual debate between the left and the right, and Christians and atheists concerning the spiritual mindsets or tendencies of the founding fathers, there are certain facts that simply cannot be ignored. Such as:
- During the Revolutionary War, the supply of Bibles to the United States was cut off. As a result, on September 1, 1777, the Continental Congress ordered the Committee of Commerce to import 20,000 Bibles from “Scotland, Holland or Elsewhere.”
- On January 21, 1781, Robert Aitken, a printer, asked Congress to officially sanction a publication of the complete Bible. In response, Congress approved his request and noted that they “highly approve the pious and laudable undertaking of Mr. Aitken, as subservient to the interest of religion … in this country, and … they [Congress] recommend this edition of the Bible to the inhabitants of the United States.”
- On July 4, 1776, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were appointed by Congress to devise the official seal for the United States of America. Franklin proposed a seal based on Moses parting the Red Sea. Jefferson proposed a seal featuring the “Children of Israel in the wilderness, led by a cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night.” Jefferson later rejected his own proposal and embraced Franklin’s idea of Moses parting the Red Sea. Although neither of these proposals were accepted, the simple fact that both Franklin and Jefferson proposed them shows that these two theological liberals still felt that Biblical imagery best represented America.
- During the War of Independence, Congress proclaimed May 17, 1776 (and annually) as a “Day of Humiliation, Fasting and Prayer,” while urging Americans throughout the colonies to “confess and bewail our manifold sins and transgressions, and by a sincere repentance and amendment of life, appease His [God's] righteous displeasure, and through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ, obtain his pardon and forgiveness.” Massachusetts took it one step further, and to the Congressional proclamation they added, “God Save This People.”
- Congressional proclamation set December 18, 1777, as a day of thanksgiving and encouraged the American people to “express the grateful feelings of their hearts and consecrate themselves to the service of their divine benefactor” and on which they might “join the penitent confession of their manifold sins . . . that it may please God, through the merits of Jesus Christ, mercifully to forgive and blot them out of remembrance.” Congress also recommended that Americans petition God “to prosper the means of religion for the promotion and enlargement of that kingdom which consisteth in righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.”Similar Congressional proclamations were issued annually.
- Congress was also concerned about morality in the military, and ordered that Christian services be held each Sunday (and twice a day while on board ship), with stiff penalties for officers who did not attend, and even stiffer penalties for any who misbehaved or acted irreverently during those services.
Throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, the Federal Government, and indeed, even state governments not only supported Christianity, but on numerous occasions even endorsed Christianity, and did not publically malign Christianity at any time. As late as 1892, the Supreme Court of the United States pointedly declared, “This is a Christian nation.” Then came the 20th century.
The change was not immediate, although there were sporadic “outbreaks” of anti-Christian bias, most notably coming from groups and individuals rooted in fascism and socialism – especially during the 1920’s, 30’s and 40’s. By the 1950’s and 60’s, however, communism put forth a concerted effort to infiltrate and influence American society, and unfortunately they managed to gain a firm toehold. A toehold that has since become a death grip.
The result is that today, anti-Christian bias and bigotry is rampant in America, and is taught, supported, condoned and even encouraged by the state run schools, courts and governmental agencies across the nation, all in the name of diversity. It is a diversity, however, that is in reality, a one-way diversity. It has become more than apparent that the homosexual community, radical homosexual “activists” in particular, who have taken up the role of “shock troops” in this war against Christianity. For example:
- On Sunday Night September 19, 1993 a group of angry homosexuals stormed the Hamilton Square Baptist Church, of San Francisco, California. They were trying to stop the Sunday Night service because they disapproved of the speaker.
- In November 2008, a mob of homosexual “activists” stormed a Christian church in Lansing, Michigan and began shouting profanities, blasphemies, and anti-Christian hatred, while vandalizing the church and terrorizing the congregation.
- In October 2011 radical homosexual “activists” threw bricks through a church window in Arlington Heights, Illinois. They later released a statement to the press in which they not only admitted their violent actions, but promised to continue if the church did not bow to their demands.
- In April 2012, a homosexual “activist” organization calling itself “Angry Queers” claimed responsibility for throwing baseball-sized rocks through the windows of a Christian church in Portland, Oregon. The group released a statement that any terrorist would be proud of. In it the group said they hope their “small act of vengeance will strike fear into the hearts of” Christian leaders who teach traditional sexual morality. Their message was clear. Denounce Christ or the terror will continue.
Nor are these the only attacks against Christianity. The list goes on and on and on. In 2012 alone, Christian nativity scenes were vandalized across the nation. A very brief search of news reports on these attacks (all from the 2012 Christmas season) showed dozens of attacks on Nativity scenes in dozens of cities across America. Included in these attacks were physical attacks on Christians. One Christian pastor in California was busy decorating his church and was beaten so badly he was left in critical condition. In another attack, the baby Jesus was lynched.
Perhaps what is the most shocking development in all of these attacks, both on nativity scenes, and on Christian churches and their congregations is, that in not one single instance have I been able to find any indication that anyone was ever convicted, or even arrested. Nor have I been able to find any indication of law enforcement, or liberal dominant media outlet, or politician calling this attacks for what they are – hate crimes. Anti-Christian bigotry and hate.
I have been left pondering if the reason for this lack of recognition of anti-Christian bigotry and hate is because law enforcement, politicians, and the liberal dominant media simply do not recognize anti-Christian bigotry and hate. After all, if you do not accept that truth is absolute and believe it to subjective and relative to the individual, then it isn’t really bigotry or hate, it’s just a crime, and not all crimes are solved, and not all criminals are caught. Especially if it is a crime against a group of people who are held in low regard. Which, of course, begs the question, are Christians (and consequently, Christianity) held in low regard by the groups I mention? There is evidence that this is so.
- In April 2008, Crystal Dixon, a Christian, was fired by the University of Toledo in Ohio. Not because she violated any University rule or regulation, but because she wrote a letter to the editor of a local newspaper, disagreeing with an op-ed which put forth the premise that homosexuals have suffered the same way that Blacks have with regard to civil rights. Of course, nothing could be farther from the truth, and Miss Dixon stated this in her letter. She did so as a private citizen, and she did not utilize any university property, equipment or time. She simply expressed her “personal, Christian viewpoint on homosexuality” and she was fired for doing so. Miss Dixon took the university to court for wrongful termination. The court ruled that the school’s “diversity” outweighed Miss Dixon’s First Amendment rights. Although the case is currently in appeals, the governmental judicial system set a precedent by holding Christianity in low regard by stating that the “feelings” of those homosexuals at the university were more important than Miss Dixon’s constitutionally guaranteed rights of free speech, and the free exercise of her Christian beliefs.
- Dan Savage, the founder of the “It Get’s Better Project”, which is designed to prevent bullying of homosexuals, and help homosexuals who feel they are being bullied, is, in reality, a bully himself. Savage takes every opportunity to bully Christians because of their belief. Not only has he recently mocked and bashed the Pope, but Savage has been more than willing to turn his bullying on children, as he did at a high school in Southern California. I don’t know about you, but in my world when an adult bullies children, it is known as child abuse. However, considering that Savage has publically condoned incest and other deviant behaviors. When you get right down to it, based on Savage’s words and behaviors, he is really no different than Westboro Baptist Church (which is NOT a Christian church). But the world is full of sick and twisted people, you may ask, so why am I singling out Dan Savage? Because Dan Savage, the anti-Christian bigot and bully, is officially endorsed by no fewer than 13 United States Senators, AND President Barack Obama. In spite of Savage’s unabashed bigotry, our nation’s leaders continue to support and endorse him, and in doing so, they are officially supporting and endorsing his bigoted anti-Christian views, and officially holding Christianity in low regard.
- In October 2011, when Washington state residents signed a petition to repeal the states homosexual partnership law failed, homosexual “activists” demanded the names of all who signed the petition. A homosexual “activist” group from Massachusetts calling itself “Know Thy Neighbor” took up the cause (as they had in similar situations in Arkansas, Florida and Massachusetts) and publically stated they wanted to publish the names of those who signed the petition to repeal the homosexual partnership law in an online searchable database. The purpose for this was, they said, to provide those names to homosexuals so they could confront those who object to the homosexual agenda. U.S. District Judge Benjamin settle ruled that every name and address of every individual who signed the petition was to be published. It didn’t take long for the homosexuals to begin confronting those who signed the petition. One family who was victimized as a result of “Know Thy Neighbor’s” actions related that they received a phone call from a man who got their name and number from published list. The family was gathered in their dining room when the phone rang. The son answered, and an anonymous male caller announced, “I’m going to kill you and your whole family.” Again, because the judge cared not one whit for the safety of those who signed according to their Christian beliefs, he held their beliefs, their safety, their wellbeing, and Christianity as a whole in low regard.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), an organization ostensibly formed to advocate for civil rights of minorities, openly engages in anti-Christian bigotry by grouping Christians and Christian organizations with Nazi’s, White Supremacists, and other openly virulent racist groups. The SPLC’s “Hate Map” and “Hate Group” list is used extensively by law enforcement and government agencies as the ultimate authority on hate groups and individuals. Since the SPLC holds Christianity in such low regard, they influence those who utilize their “hate database” to also hold Christianity in low regard.
- At a fundraiser held last October, President Barack Obama quoted one of the most famous statements in American history when he said, “What makes this place [America} special is not something physical. It has to do with this idea that was started by 13 colonies that decided to throw off the yoke of an empire, and said, ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that each of us are endowed with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.’” Did President Obama purposely omit the reference to God that is contained in Declaration of Independence (from which the statement comes)? Apparently so, since he did the exact same thing in September 2010 when addressing the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. The original sentence found in the Declaration of Independence reads “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” President Obama consistently removes the reference to God that was originally placed there by our Founding Fathers, and thus sets the tone for the country he was elected to lead by consistently holding Christianity in low regard.
(Curiously, when asked by reporters for an explanation for refusal to include God in his quote, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs explained it by saying, “I can assure you the president believes in the Declaration of Independence.” Nothing could be clearer, right?)
Clearly, President Obama holds Christianity in low regard, and perhaps this is the reason that the Democratic Party was so determined to remove references to God from their 2012 Party Platform. Another instance of America’s alleged leaders holding Christianity in low regard.
The most recent example of our government holding Christianity in low regard is perhaps the most blatant and most obvious example of anti-Christian bigotry and discrimination that I have seen from elected government officials. Just within the past week Colorado Democratic Senate Leader Pat Stedman, who is openly homosexual, pronounced the passage of Colorado’s homosexual partnership law through the state house. Not content with simply getting the law passed, Steadman insisted upon the removal of a provision that had been included in the law, which would have allowed Christian business owners to make faith-based decisions on how they would provide their own services.
Steadman expressed that he has absolutely no tolerance for Christians who subscribe to the Biblical view of marriage which has always been part of the Christian faith. In reference to any objections Christians may have toward the bill, Steadman said of them, “Get thee to a nunnery, and live there then. Go live a monastic life, away from modern society, away from people you can’t see as equals to yourself … Go some place and be as judgmental as you like, go inside your church, establish separate water fountains if you like. But don’t tell me that your free exercise of religion requires the state of Colorado to establish separate water fountains.”
Steadman’s equating of Christianity to the racism of the deep south of decades ago is not only insulting and offensive, but it is as intolerant an example of bigotry from an elected public official as I have ever heard. So vile and so virulent is Steadman’s unfettered hate that one would expect the rest of the Colorado State Legislature to offer at least a weak condemnation of his words, or at the very least a murmured excuse along the lines of “he was just misunderstood.” Shockingly, however, all of the Colorado Senate Democrats joined Steadman in condemning Christians, and have unanimously supported Steadman’s comments!
The message the State of Colorado has sent is loud and clear. Not only is Christianity officially held in low regard by the State of Colorado, but if Christian’s want to practice their faith, they had better do so behind closed doors as there is no place for them in society. Christians are not welcome in Colorado.
We have come a long way from the days when the Congress of the United States officially endorsed Christianity and the Supreme Court of the United States declared that “this is a Christian nation,” to Christians are not welcome.
So I ask again, is America safe for Christians? Clearly, in light of the evidence, the answer is no.
This is a bit long at 74 minutes, but it is well worth sitting down and watching. A lot of great information, that will be an eye-opener for some, a wake up call for others, and a valuable education for all.
And I am expected to be tolerant of Islam, why?
Last Sunday, The Muslim Foundation held their annual Muslim Day Parade in New York City. Among the several speakers and event attendees, flying prominently was the black war flag of muslim jihadists. As the so-called “moderate” muslim jihadists took to the stage to spew their anti-America hatred, one of the events VIP grand marshal’s, New York Senator Tony Avella finally had enough and he walked off the stage and left the event. When asked why, his response was, “I was offended.” An interesting turn of events given that President Obama was recently giving a speech at the United Nations condemning slander of the islamic prophet mohammed. I wonder when Obama will condemn slander by muslims against America? I probably shouldn’t hold my breath.
The Urban Infidel was there, and has much, much more at the Urban Infidel website. Have a look.
Now here’s a novel idea – let’s make every day a “Draw Mohammed Day” or a “Burn the Koran Day.” Not because we would want to offend Muslims, but as a direct response to the mentally defective Muslims who enjoy rampaging around the world. Every time they burn an American flag, we should burn a koran. Every time they flash one of their “Islam Will Dominate”, or “Freedom Go To Hell” or other anti-American signs, we should all post a drawing of mohammed online. In other words, an eye for an eye. Trying to be nice to them doesn’t work. Helping them out doesn’t work. In fact, thus far nothing has worked to calm them down. It’s as if rampaging is somehow part of their religion. Oh wait, it is. So maybe it’s time to take a stand. If their rampaging and rioting and murder and arson is an offense to you, then by all means feel free to offend them right back. Not only is it your right as an American under the Second Amendment, but maybe, just maybe, they will get the message.
Any Westerner can now buy a Koran for a dollar and burn it, while any Muslim with a platform can transform that act into a fighting offense. As passions rise on both sides of the divide, Western provocateurs and Islamist hotheads have found each other, as confrontations occur with increasing frequency.
Which prompts this question: What would happen if publishers and managers of major media outlets reached a consensus -- “Enough of this intimidation, we will publish the most famous Danish Muhammad cartoon every day, until the Islamists tire out and no longer riot”? What would happen if Korans were recurrently burned?
Would repetition inspire institutionalization, generate ever-more outraged responses, and offer a vehicle for Islamists to ride to greater power? Or would it lead to routinization, to a wearing out of Islamists, and a realization that violence is counter-productive to their cause?
I predict the latter. A Muhammad cartoon published each day, or Koranic desecrations on a quasi-regular basis, would make it harder for Islamists to mobilize Muslim mobs. Westerners could then once again treat Islam as they do other religions – freely, to criticize without fear. That would demonstrate to Islamists that Westerners will not capitulate, that they reject Islamic law, that they are ready to stand up for their values.
Comedian, Author, Political Commentator, and well known atheist Pat Condell speaks out against the current crop of rampaging Muslims with a common sense message that I not only agree with 100%, but am a little bit jealous that I didn’t think of it – because it is just exactly how I feel. I offer it here, in its entirety (and with a complete transcript) for your edification. I only wish that it could also be sounded from the top of every building, every tower, every minaret around the world – five times each day in place of the Adhaan.
Well, once again we see multiple violent tantrums from The Religion of Permanent Offence... some things never change,
Once again we see Islam self-detonate -if you'll pardon the expression- and show - once again- why it's about as welcome on this planet as an asteroid...
Once again, we see thousands of Islamic nutcases take time out from beating-up their wives to show their sensitive side- how? By smashing-up the towns they live in, egged-on by clerical ignoramuses whose motives are even lower than the
literacy level of their followers.
And once again, we in the civilized world are being urged to censor ourselves out of respect for a religion that violates the human rights of half the people on the planet, and that doubles for a political ideology indistinguishable from Nazism- it would be funny if it wasn't so obscene... or should that be the other way 'round?
To call these riots 'infantile' and 'imbecilic' is to give them a dignity they don't deserve... they can only be described as 'Islamic'.
Let me get this straight: we're supposed to show tolerance and respect for a religion that doesn't know the meaning of either word- and goes out of it's way to prove it everyday. We're supposed to amend our values to accommodate a religion that accommodates nothing and nobody... dream on, people- it's not going to happen.
Because with Islam, it's always a one-way street: we've learned that lesson the hard way. We can't afford any more tolerance and respect- we've been sucked dry. And we've become weary of manufactured Islamic grievance: it's such a bore, that now when we hear some bearded buffoon -or bag-headed bimbo- telling us how offended they are, we can't even be bothered to laugh anymore.
Not even when the Turkish Prime Minister hilariously demands that Islamophobia be made a crime against humanity -when given the evidence- there's a much stronger case for making Islam a crime against humanity...
Besides, Turkey is already hypocritically guilty of one of the worst crimes against humanity in history – the Armenian genocide – a crime it doesn’t even have the balls to admit to.
When Muslims start showing the same level of outrage about things that are genuinely offensive -like the thousands of women and girls who are murdered and mutilated and raped every year in their countries- then we might take them a bit more seriously.
As it is, there is nothing on this planet less deserving of sympathy or respect than Muslim outrage: indeed, there's something deeply comical about it- it's so contrived and so cringe-ingly un-self-aware that it's impossible to take seriously, even if we wanted to... and nobody in their right mind wants to any more.
There was a time when Islam was given the benefit-of-the-doubt, by many people in the West- now we think it's poison, and we wish we never heard of it, because twenty years of baseless grievance-mongering and knee-jerk 'offense' have shown us this religion for what it really is, and now we don't like it, we don't trust it, and we are never going to respect it... and
we don't care how Muslims feel about that.
EVERYTHING is an 'insult' to this religion- EVERYTHING causes offence. Well, nobody gives a damn anymore, people... you've done it to death, you've killed the goose that laid the golden egg.
So now, if you're an offended Muslim, go stick your head in the oven for all we care. And if you think that if you keep up the violence, the West will eventually cave-in, it's not going to happen: even if the politicians wanted to, the people won't allow it. We'll carry-on, speaking our minds openly and freely... because it's our birthright, and it can't be taken away from us.-
it can only be given away.
And we are giving Islam nothing- because Islam gives us nothing. It's a religion permanently on the take: gimme gimme gimme is all we ever hear. Gimme respect- even though I haven't earned it. Gimme special treatment, or I'll be offended... and you'll be a 'racist'.
Well, we're sick and tired of hearing it, we're sick and tired of Islam, and we're sick and tired of the needless conflict and intimidation that comes from this religion at every turn.
All week we've heard Muslims telling us that we in the West need to understand how important The Prophet is to them: WE DO understand, and we don't care... that's the point. We don't care now, and we are never going to care... get used to it. We don't give a damn about your feelings- our feelings are more important.
And our feelings tell us we're sick to the back teeth of hearing about your religion- so stick a sock in it. And no amount of violence is going to change a thing... the more the you riot and scream and shout, the less we're going to listen: it'll simply stiffen our resolve not to be bullied and pushed-around by people whose values we don't respect... because you've given us no reason to respect them. And more to the point, because you are incapable of giving us such a reason.
In short, we will not be told what we can and cannot say- not by you, not by anybody, not now, not ever: no matter how many flags you burn, no matter how many embassies you attack...
free speech will prevail , and you'll suck-it-up and like it.
Columnist and author Erik Rush takes a look at Islam, and the cold hard facts he uncovers are much different than we have been led to believe.
"As of last Saturday, there were anti-American protests taking place in well over three dozen Islamic cities in over 17 countries, from Europe and North Africa through Asia and into the South Pacific. Given the observations we have of Muslims over the past 20 years alone, it is imperative that we cast aside the politically correct weakness of academics and sentimental fools who declare that it’s only a minority within Islam who are extreme and violent, and that they “know lots of peaceful Muslims,” respectively.
Every day, I see the so-called “peaceful Muslims” who have jobs and families, and send their children to schools with ours. Although they appear generally unassuming most of the time, I have also seen Muslim students among them protesting against Israel and the U.S. on street corners near the local university (one may recall that the press designation for perpetrators of the Iran hostage crisis in 1979 was “students”). My own children have heard theirs let slip at school concerning the necessity of Israel’s destruction and America being an oppressor nation.
Whether our “peaceful” Muslim neighbors are truly peaceful or practicing taqiyya (deceiving infidels to advance the faith), the results will be the same. At best, they remain silent in fear of the radical element; at worst, they will support the radical element, or mobilize to fight alongside them as needed. I believe that the majority of “moderate” Muslim talking heads we see in the media are most certainly practicing taqiyya, disinformation being their chief function in the struggle to subjugate America."
Read More Here
This is from Pam Geller's Atlas Shrugs Blog. This little girl needs our help! Please do whatever you can! Write letters to your congressman today! For more information, as well as sample letters, visit the Atlas Shrugs blog by clicking here!CASE NARRATIVE:
Miss Ramsha, 11, mentally retarded, daughter of Misraf Masih, was residing at Hameera abadi, sector G-8, Islamabad with a sizeable number of Christians, and was collecting used papers from the garbage for night cooking as there is no gas connections and poor people depend on burning wood. When, after sunset she was burning the copies of newspapers, collected from the garbage, a Muslim lady entered her house and started shouting that Ramsha is burning the papers from holy Quran. At that time her elder sister, Mashal, 14, was at home and her father and mother were out for their work. At this moment both sisters told the Muslim crowd, which was gathered after listening the shouting from Muslim lady, that the papers were from garbage and those are from newspapers but the crowd started beating them and suddenly their mother also arrived and she was also beaten. The other Christian residents also tried to settle the issue but they were beaten as well. Both sisters and her mother received injuries and in the meanwhile the owner of the house, a Muslim man, arrived and called the police in an effort to save the Christians.
Police took the mother and her two daughters into custody. A first information report (FIR) was filed in the Ramna police station in which Miss Ramsha was made the main accused of blasphemy. But police arrested all the three. Seeing the tension in the area as Muslim activists on the instigation from the mosques started attacking and burning the Christian houses, Ramna police immediately sent the minor to the notorious Adiala prison and kept her mother and sister in the women police station for some time. When activists tried to gather outside the Ramna police station, the police shifted both mother and sister to some unknown place and according to police this action was taken for their safety. But the father of the victims and other Christians are suspicious and it was accused that both mother and daughter have been taken away by some militants.
The Christians from different slums areas of the Islamabad, capital of Pakistan, have started leaving their communities and apprehend that their houses would be attacked and burned. The Islamabad administration has yet not taken any action to protect the Christian population.
It is also accused by Christian population that some powerful persons want to grab the Christian dominated areas for commercial purposes and use by Muslim activists.
Currently, extreme militant Muslim organisations may use blasphemy laws as a way to pressure and oppress religious minority groups. So far, the government has failed to protect the lives and property of the minority community. Although there is formal protection in place for religious minorities in the Constitution and although the blasphemy law has made it compulsory that no police officer below the rank of Superintendent of Police can investigate the charges, these statutes are rarely respected.
Religious minority groups in Pakistan remain vulnerable due to the continued use and abuse of blasphemy charges, despite section 295C of the Pakistan Penal Code. The police, who fail to follow the code and who operate under the directives of extremists in the community, must face strong legal action. Charges of blasphemy are still met with the death penalty in Pakistan.
The deliberate institutionalisation of Islam’s status as protected and predominant promoted the perpetuation of religious intolerance by Islamic fundamentalists. According to data collected through different sources at least 1030 persons were charged under these anti-blasphemy clauses from 1986 to August 2009, while over 30 persons were killed extra-judicially by angry mobs or individuals.
Militant Muslim organisations are using blasphemy as a tool as the best way to keep religious minority groups under pressure and even forcibly take land. The State is failing to protect the lives and property of the minority community. Additional information regarding the case.
Please write the letters to the given authorities calling them to inquire about the incident of Hameera abadi, Islamabad where a mentally retarded minor girl was arrested on the charges of blasphemy and kept in the Adiala prison where minors are not allowed to be detained. Please urge them to immediately release the minor and recover her mother and sister who are missing after their arrest. Please also urge them to prosecute the concerned police officials of the Ramna police station for filing the case of blasphemy against mentally retarded minor and without the proper investigation.
For more information, as well as sample letters, visit the Atlas Shrugs blog by clicking here!
With all of the advancements in human rights, medicine, and more that the west can lay claim to, one would think it would be third world countries who could learn from us. Then again, one could be wrong. It seems that in at least one area – or subject, it is countries like Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Ethiopia and Kenya who could teach the United States. And that subject is Islam. No, I am not talking about “radical” or “fundamentalist” Islam, I am talking about Islam in general. Moderate Islam. Everyday Islam. The Islam that is practiced by approximately 1.6 billion Muslims around the world, including those in America. And this is an important point to make. Most of what we know about Islam and about Muslims, is what we hear in the 6 o’clock news report. “Radical Islamic Terrorists Bomb World Trade Center”, “Islamic Fundamentalists Kill Seven Civilians”, “Muslim Extremists Fly Planes into Pentagon.” Last July Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that “All religions have extremists” and the fact of the matter is, she is absolutely right. It’s true. The Buddhists have Aum Shinrikyo, the Hindus had the Thugees, Islam has al Qaeda, the Jews had the Pharisees, and Christianity has the Ku Klux Klan, just to name a few. In fact, any group who terrorizes or kills people in the name of religion can be considered religious extremists. But religious extremism is not the subject of this article. No, we’re talking about moderate Islam.
Just this month, the country of Nepal has issued a ban on all Nepalese women under the age of 30 from immigrating to the Middle East to work as domestic servants. This followed a similar ban issued by Ethiopia less than two week before, and these are not the only countries to do so. In June Kenya also issued a ban on all men and women immigrating to the Middle East seeking to work as domestic servants, and in 2011, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka issued similar bans as well, and in particular singled out the Middle Eastern countries of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Lebanon, Kuwait and Syria. These bans were not arbitrarily issued, nor were they issued to force some sort of monetary kick back to the various governments. The fact of the matter is, they were issued in order to protect the citizens of these assorted third world countries from abusive treatment, sexual assaults, rape, the confiscation of passports, the withholding of wages, and enslavement - practices that are rampant throughout the Islamic world and is actually part of the culture of Islam.
Often, these servants (both male and female) are the victims of sexual assault. Bishwa Khadka, the director of Maiti, a Nepalese organization dedicated to helping domestic servants who have been abused at the hands of the Arab employers, said, “We have met several housemaids who were not only raped by their masters, but also forced to have sex with the masters’ relatives. They are confined to the house and live in a situation akin to slavery.” One Nepalese woman named Kumari, who suffered such abuse at the hands of her Kuwaiti employer said, “My body would ache. He beat me up. First he covered my mouth so I could not scream.” According to Egyptian feminist Dr. Nawal Al-Sa’dawi, to understand the Islamic mindset regarding women one must realize that “It is said that women must be ‘tamed’ like horses and other animals – and this ‘taming’ is carried out by using violence against her, until her independent spirit – including her thoughts, her aspirations, and her dreams – is ‘murdered.’” This mindset is further validated in the minds of Muslim men, specifically regarding female servants, by the koran itself which states in sura 4:24, “and all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hand possess. It is a decree of allah for you…” (in case you think this has been taken out of context, please see sura 33:50, 23:5-6, 70:20-30).
Female servants as sex-slaves is still a predominant mindset in Islam. And not only is this belief prevalent among Muslim men, but there is a movement afoot to claim this “right” for single Muslim women as well, as is explained in the following video:
At this point I would normally be obligated to inform my readers that they should take heed lest this happen here in America. Many would, of course, scoff and say “No! Not here in America! Slavery is illegal here! These kinds of things could never happen here!” I will not, however, warn you that it could happen here, because to do so would be a waste of time since it is already happening here, and has been for some time among the moderate, non-extremist, non-radicalized, non-fundamentalist Muslim community in America.
1. In July 2011, United Arab Emirates officer Col. Arif Mohamed Saeed Mohamed Al-Ali, while in the United States as a student at the U.S. Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island, has been accused of confiscating the passport of his Filipino housekeeper, as well as withholding her wages, making her work unreasonably long hours, and preventing her from speaking to anyone outside his family. In other words, enslaving her.
2. In October 2008, Mohammad Atahee, a resident of Seattle, Washington was brought up on charges of illegally “marrying” a 16 year old Afghani girl who had been brought over to America illegally for the purpose of becoming a slave for Atahee. Prosecutors say that Atahee beat, threatened, and sexually assaulted the girl and forced her to cook, clean, babysit, and do laundry for him, his family and his friends.
3. Also in 2008, Rozina Mohd Ali of Sugarland, Texas pleaded guilty for enslaving an Indonesian woman who was forced to labor for Ali and her family for long hours over a four to five year period. As with other Muslim slave “owners” in the United States, Ali withheld wages and her victims passport in order to prevent her from leaving.
4. In 2006, Homadian Al-Turki, a resident of Aurora, Colorado, was convicted of enslaving and raping his Indonesian housekeeper, as well as theft of her wages. Federal charges of holding her passport to prevent her from fleeing were dropped after federal prosecutors decided the 28 year sentence by the state court was sufficient. In his defense, Al-Turki claimed that he had not actually raped or enslaved her, but that he had treated the woman no differently than any observant Muslim family would treat a daughter. Al-Turki told the judge, “Your honor, I am not here to apologize for I cannot apologize for things I did not do and for crimes I did not commit. Attacking traditional Muslim behavior was the focal point of the prosecution.” In other words, rape and enslavement is “traditional Muslim behavior.” (on a side note, I have met Al-Turki since his arrest and incarceration. He is still unrepentant and states that what he did was “normal for any Muslim” and a “common practice among Muslims.”)
5. In March 2005, Hana Al-Jader, the wife of Saudi Prince Mohamed Bin Turki, was arrested at her home in Boston, Massachusetts on charges of forced labor, domestic servitude, falsifying records, visa fraud and harboring aliens after she forced two Indonesian women to work for her by convincing them they would suffer serious harm if they refused.
6. In December 2005 Abdenasser Ennassime and his wife Tonya, both Moroccan Muslims living in Tacoma, Washington, were indicted and arrested for enslaving their 17 year old niece. They had brought the girl to America when she was only 12 years old, and, after reading in her private diary her complaints about her mistreatment, she was allegedly beaten, withdrawn from school, and forced to work even longer hours at the couples espresso stand.
7. In October 2005 Waleed Al-Saleh, a Kuwaiti major and military attaché at the embassy in Washington, DC were accused of beating and enslaving three domestic workers according to a lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court.
8. In 2002, Abdelnasser Eid Youssef Ibrahim and his wife of Irvine, California pleaded guilty to four felonies in a child slave case, after they admitted bringing a 10 year old Egyptian girl to the United States, and threatening, beating, and forcing her to work 16 hours a day – seven days a week. The girl was forced to live in a 12 foot by 8 foot unlit and unventilated “cell” in the couples garage, and was not allowed to attend school or be seen by a doctor.
9. In 1991, Saudi Prince Saad Bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud and his wife, Princess Noora were living on two floors of the Ritz-Carlton in Houston, Texas. During that time they were accused in a lawsuit by two of their servants (one from the Philippines and one from Sri Lanka) of holding them against their will for a period of five months by means of “unlawful threats, intimidation and physical force.” The two servants also state that they were only partially paid, denied medical treatment, suffered mental abuse and physical beatings.
10. In 1988, the Saudi defense attaché in Washington, Col. Abdulrahm S. Al-Banyan was accused by his Thai servant of imprisoning her, not paying her, and providing her with insufficient food. The servant escaped by crawling out a window. Her employment contract specified that she was not allowed to leave the house or make telephone calls without the Colonel’s approval and permission.
11. In 1982, a Miami, Florida judge issued a warrant to search the penthouse apartment of Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz, based on information that he was holding an Egyptian woman against her will. Prince Turki and his bodyguards prevented a search from taking place, and then filed and were granted retroactive diplomatic immunity in order to prevent any legal proceedings against them for Prince Turki’s enslavement of the woman.
These are only a few of the known cases of enslavement, abuse and rape that servants have suffered at the hands of their Muslim “masters” in the United States, and these are only examples of those cases that have been reported. Imagine how many go unreported every day. I was once told by an attorney that of all the cases of domestic violence and child abuse that occur in the United States, only 10 percent are ever reported, and out of those 10 percent, less than 1 percent are ever prosecuted. If cases of enslavement, abuse and rape of domestic servants by Muslim “masters” in the United States has similar statistics, then this is truly an epidemic. And in thinking of this, I can’t help but remember the words of Homadian Al-Turki when he spoke to the judge about rape, abuse and enslavement. He called it “traditional Muslim behavior.” Not extremist, not radical, not fundamentalist, but “traditional.”
Sources: http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/372106/20120809/nepal-women-servants-maids-middle-east-arabs.htm http://somalilandpress.com/worldnews/32896/uae-suspends-working-visas-ethiopian-workers http://www.irinnews.org/printreport.aspx?reportid=25472 http://www.middle-east-info.org/gateway/womenchildabuse/ http://www.memri.org/report/en/0/0/0/0/0/0/1689.htm http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/10/homaidan-ali-al-turki-colorado-slave-holder http://www.nysun.com/national/man-convicted-of-holding-woman-as-a-slave/39002/ http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4605693/detail.html http://www.danielpipes.org/2687/saudis-import-slaves-to-america http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/2005/12/more-slave-holding-muslim-immigrants-in-theDownload this article as a PDF:
|File Size: ||24 kb|
|File Type: || pdf|
It seems as if the battle cry among those defending radical islam (and is there really any other kind?), has changed, at least for the time being, from “ISLAMOPHOBIA!!!” to “McCARTHYISM!!!”, and all because Michelle Bachmann and four other members of Congress had the unmitigated audacity to ask the state department’s deputy inspector general to look into the matter of a possible national security problem.
Not that problems like this haven’t happened before, because they have. Remember the Camp Chapman attack in 2009 and Mohamed Elibiary, the Homeland Security Advisory Council member leaked classified information? Yes, it has happened, and I for one, would like to know if it has happened, and is still happening, elsewhere.
Elsewhere, in this case, is the state department. Specifically involving Huma Abedin, the aide and close friend of Secretary of State Hilary Clinton. Abedin may have ties to radical islam by way of her family, and Congresswoman Bachman would like this possible breach of national security looked into. Others, such as Senator John McCain, Senator Marco Rubio, Senator Scott Brown and Speaker of the Hosue John Boehner, however, do not want it looked into and have condemned Michelle Bachmann for even suggesting that Huma Abedin could possibly be linked to muslim extremists. But what if Bachmann is right? Can we, as a country take that chance?
If Huma Abedin is innocent, as McCain, Rubio and others insist, then she would have nothing to fear from any examination of her familial ties. In fact, one would think that she would publically welcome it simply to prove her innocence in the public eye and shut Bachmann and the rest up permanently. So far, there have been no comments from Abedin. But again, what if Bachmann is right? A simple look at the facts raise some serious questions as to Abedin’s loyalty to the United States.
Huma Mahmood Abedin was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1976, to Dr. Syed Zainul Abedin and Dr. Saleha Mahmood. When she was two years old, her family moved to Saudi Arabia. She has a brother, Dr. Hassan Abedin. Like her parents, and her brother, Huma Abedin is a practicing muslim, and, in fact, was not only born into islam, but was raised in a fundamentalist islamic environment in a fundamentalist islamic country that strictly enforces sharia law according to Wahhabi interpretation – the strictest interpretation found in all of islam, and enforced by “the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice” (Saudi Arabia’s sharia police, founded during the 1920’s – decades before Huma Abedin was born – and still in power to this day).
Huma Abedin’s father, Dr. Syed Zainul Abedin, founded the Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs, an organization supported by the Muslim World League – a branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. He was also a member of the Muslim World League in the 1980’s. Huma Abedin’s mother, Dr. Saleha Mahmood is the current director of the Institute of Muslim Minority Affairs and a documented member of the Muslim Sisterhood, and auxiliary branch of the Muslim Brotherhood. Dr. Hassan Abedin, Huma’s brother, has been linked to Sheikh Qaradawi – a documented member of the Muslim Brotherhood, and Omar Naseef, former secretary general of the Muslim World League and founder of the Rabita Trust – an organization known for funding terrorists and having ties to al-Qaeda.
To briefly recap, Huma Abedin’s father, mother and brother all have documented ties to the Muslim Brotherhood. This is not to say that Huma Abedin herself has ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, but each member of her immediate family does. Is it possible that Huma Abedin may have ties as well? Growing up in a fundamentalist islamic family, in a strict fundamentalist Wahhabi country with Wahhabi teaching ingrained in her from a very early age, one would tend to think that there is at least a possibility.
And then there is the issue of Huma Abedin herself. An admitted muslim, who grew in being ingrained with and influenced by strict Wahhabi teachings, growing up in a Muslim Brotherhood family where she was undoubtedly taught that the Muslim Brotherhood was good and right and of allah, why did she marry a Jew? Not that I have anything against Jews, because I do not. They are God’s chosen people. But I find it interesting that Huma Abedin married Anthony Weiner, the disgraced former congressman, who happens to be Jewish. Yet, muslim women are not permitted to marry Jews. The koran clearly states: “And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon till they believe in allah alone and verily, a believing slave is better than a mushrik, even though he pleases you. Those (Al-mushrikoon) invite you to the fire, but allah invites you to paradise and forgiveness by his leave, and makes his ayaat (i.e. proofs, evidences, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember.” [al-Baqarah 2:221]
According to koranic scholar Imam al-Tabari, the terms “Al-Mushrikoon” and “Mushrik” refer to any “non-muslim from any other religion, whether from among the Jews or Christians, or any other kaafir religion. It is not permissible for her to marry a Jew, a Christian, a Magian, a communist, an idol-worshipper, etc.” And yet, this is exactly what Huma Abedin did, and what is interesting about this is, her family (brother and mother – her father died in 1993) have not condemned her for violating the koran – the “sacred and holy” words of mohammed. Is her marriage to Anthony Weiner nothing more than taqiyya, the islamic doctrine of deception which states that in a time of war it is permissible to deceive non-muslims? The fact that her family has not condemned her for her marriage to a Jew speaks volumes. Why would they condemn her if she was still a practicing muslim (as she states) who is engaging in taqiyya in order to serve allah? Answer – they wouldn’t. Perhaps this is why they have not condemned her.
As not only an aide to Secretary of State Clinton, but also a close friend and confidant for the past 15 years, Huma Abedin job includes advising Secretary Clinton on politics and policy in the Middle East. Her advice carries great weight and influence on Secretary Clinton, and she has access to highly classified information as a result of both her job and her closeness to Clinton. Has Huma’s advice to Clinton served to influence foreign policy? Of course it has. That’s part of her job description. A more appropriate question would be just how has Huma Abedin’s advice influenced foreign policy? And that is a question that is a bit harder to answer. In fact, unless Secretary Clinton actually states just how Huma’s advice has influenced foreign policy, we may never really know the extent of her influence. However, what we can do is look at the shift in and changes to foreign policy since Huma Abedin and Hilary Clinton have been in the White House. For example:
1. The State Department now has representatives in Egypt, who will be responsible for acclimating members of the new ruling party – The Muslim Brotherhood – to working with the United States.
2. An announcement was made by Clinton’s State Department, that the Obama administration would be satisfied with the election of a Muslim Brotherhood government in Egypt.
3. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton personally intervened to ensure entry into the United States for Tariq Ramadan, a controversial and influential member of The Muslim Brotherhood. Ramadan had previously been barred from entering the United States due to his ties to islamic terrorism.
4. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton has worked closely with the OIC (Organization of Islamic Coopreration) to silence criticism of islam – in accordance with sharia law.
5. Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and the State Department purposely excluded Israel from the “Global Counterterrorism Forum,” a coalition of islamist governments and the United States, whose mission it is to fight terrorism on a global scale. Like The Muslim Brotherhood, the Global Counterterrorism Forum does not recognize the unprovoked attacks on Israel by Hamas to be terrorist actions.
6. After The Muslim Brotherhood “won” the parliamentary elections in Egypt (through questionable means), the Obama administration granted $1.5 billion in aid to The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
7. In 2011 Secretary of State Hilary Clinton overruled congress and authorized a $147 million aid package to Gaza, which is ruled by Hamas, a terrorist organization and the Palestinian branch of The Muslim Brotherhood.
8. The Clinton state department and the Obama administration not only granted a visa and entry permit to a known member of a terrorist organization (Gama’at al Islamia – aligned with al-Qaeda, and involved in the 1993 WTC bombing in New York City), but they also brought in members of The Muslim Brotherhood, all for a meeting in the White House. When the administration was asked why U.S. law was circumvented to allow known terrorists into the United States and into the White House, the administration refused to provide that information.
9. Recently, Secretary of State Hilary Clinton visited Egyptian president-elect Mohamed Morsi, a leader in The Muslim Brotherhood. Clinton also used her influence to pressure General Mohamed Hussein Tantawi, head of the Egyptian military to step down and surrender power to Morsi. According to Morsi, one of his top priorities as president will be to pressure the United States to release and return to Egypt, Omar Abdel Rahman – also known as “The Blind Sheikh.” Rahman is currently incarcerated in the United States for his part in master minding the 1993 World Trade Center bombing as well as the murder of JDL founder Meir Kahane and conspiring to simultaneously blow up the Lincoln and Holland tunnels, the U.N. building, the George Washington bridge and U.S. armories. Rahman also urged his followers to bomb as many American military installations as possible – telling them to use the 1983 bombing of the U.S. barracks in Lebanon as a blueprint for terror. The Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide, one Mohammed Badie’ has also stated that the Brotherhood’s U.S.-assisted win in Egypt, is a stepping stone to the establishment of a just islamic caliphate, and that the United States is now experiencing the beginning of its end.
In light of Huma Abedin’s association with The Muslim Brotherhood, her strict Wahhabi upbringing, her close relationship with Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and her role as Clinton’s primary advisor on politics and Middle Eastern policy, one must question whether or not any of these incidents were somehow influenced by Huma Abedin. The possibility certainly exists.
In 1991, The Muslim Brotherhood drafted a manifesto entitled “An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America.” Within this document, The Muslim Brotherhood spells out its plan to the establishment of a global islamic state, or caliphate, with the United States as one of its conquered countries. The document lays out the need for a “civilization jihad” as necessary for the conquering of America and Canada and the assimilation of North America into the global islamic state. What is this “Civilization Jihad”? It is simply a jihad against civilization. Our civilization. It includes becoming part of our society, but not for the purpose of assimilation. It is for the express purpose of changing our society so that it becomes slowly acclimated to the idea of a dominant islamic presence. Muslim fundamentalists begin by employing taqiyya and making themselves appear to be members of American society. They begin to purchase businesses and establish islamic neighborhoods around those businesses. They soon have islamic controlled enclaves. In France, Sweden, England and other areas of Europe, these enclaves are known as “No Go” zones, where even law enforcement are reluctant to enter. Sharia is implemented in these areas, and enforced. Dearborn, Michigan is experiencing a growing “No Go” zone of its own with its own Arab-American Chamber of Commerce, Arab police chief, and the 14 block long Arab festival (open to all except Christians – and strictly enforced by local police).
They enter politics – local, state and federal – until such a time as they have become more common than the areas previous residents. In other words, they take over using sheer numbers. Eventually, the only logical conclusion happens, and the area becomes 100% muslim. This is the same tactic employed by islam for centuries. A prime example of this was the islamic conquering of Persia in the 7th century during the establishment of the last islamic caliphate, which lasted until the early 20th century. Once again, history has given us every example, every lesson needed to understand and recognize the potential peril in entertaining islam.
But all of this does not answer the question of Huma Abedin. At least not definitively. Is she a member of The Muslim Brotherhood? Is she using her position a primary advisor on the Middle East to the Secretary of State to assist The Muslim Brotherhood? Or is it all nothing more than coincidence? Is the letter written by Michelle Bachman nothing more than simply “McCarthyism”? (by the way, history has proven that McCarthy was right in his suppositions regarding communist infiltration of our government), or, like McCarthy, are Bachmann’s concerns legitimate? Only time will tell, but, by then it may be too late.
For more instances of muslim brotherhood influence in American government, as well as inroads radical islam has made in the United States, please read the following:
The following can be downloaded from my website at http://independentrealist.weebly.com/written-by-thomas-paine-2nd.html :
As well as these related documents, which can be downloaded at http://independentrealist.weebly.com/written-by-others.html :
For more information on islamic extremists in the United States, please visit the following links:
Source links for this article:
For a downloadable copy of this article, click below.
|File Size: ||30 kb|
|File Type: || pdf|